Klackle's Orchard, Apples, Dessert

10.12.2008

Saturday we woke up and headed to my parents house. We then headed off to Klackle's Orchard in Greenville with my parents. Klackle's Orchard - 2008
This is Ethan on the way to my parents house. He was reading his train book. He loves trains.















Klackle's Orchard - 2008There were so many things to do at the Orchard, I think Ethan was overwhelmed....I know I was...LOL




Klackle's Orchard - 2008Klackle's Orchard - 2008Klackle's Orchard - 2008
Ethan has never been on one of these play bounce things...so we thought it would be fun to try it. Josh had to go with him because it was like an obstacale course...He seemed to like it...Actually I know he did bcause we were walking away from it and he started throwing a fit. LOL
Klackle's Orchard - 2008

Klackle's Orchard - 2008
We took this fire truck over to another part of the Orchard. There were so many things to do there. There was a corn maze, putt putt, and dirt bikes. We ended up trying the corn maze.












Klackle's Orchard - 2008Klackle's Orchard - 2008Klackle's Orchard - 2008



It was pretty fun....but I do believe was too long for some people....Lots of turns and wrong ways...and such. We ended up going back the way we came because it kept going and going. Ethan thought it was really fun...he kept pointing us as to which way he wanted to go. So cute!! After finally getting out of that, we took a ride over to pick some apples.

Klackle's Orchard - 2008
Klackle's Orchard - 2008
Klackle's Orchard - 2008
Klackle's Orchard - 2008
Klackle's Orchard - 2008

Klackle's Orchard - 2008

This was so much fun picking the apples. Ethan loved it. After we got our bags full we of course had to try them. Ethan decided he wanted his own and just bit right into one. It was soooo cute. He has never done this before. I was totaly shocked that he would just bite into the apple, not ever having one before, like that.









Klackle's Orchard - 2008



Then it was off to pick out a pumpkin. We had a really great day. It was hot and all of us got sunburned...lol
Klackle's Orchard - 2008
Klackle's Orchard - 2008


On our way home...this was ethan...He was so dead tired...well with no nap until 3pm, when he usually goes down at 10 or 11am.
On the way home...On the way home...
We had decided that were going to make Apple Crisp with these wonderful apples we picked. They were so yummy. Plus we love Apple Crisp and what a great Fall dessert. The recipe is below:
Apple Crisp

Apple Crisp

Bottom:
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter or margarine
Filling:
36 ounces of sliced apple
1/4 cup apple juice
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup cornstarch
Topping:
1-1/2 cups rolled oats
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
5 tablespoons butter or margarine
In a bowl, combine flour, brown sugar and salt. Cut in butter until crumbly. Pat into a greased 9-in square baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, peel and cut the apples. In a medium sauce pan, add apples, apple juice, sugar, and cornstarch. Bring to a boil, stirring consistantly, for about 2 minutes or until thickened and apples are soft, then remove from heat. Pour onto crust. For topping, combine oats, brown sugar and flour. Cut in the butter and mix until crumbly. Sprinkle over filling. Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until golden and bubbly.
This recipe is just fantastic....Josh and I love it. I got it from my mom. It is the best!!!

7 comments:

Andrea said...

Great pictures and perfect timing! Hubby and I JUST got back from apple picking..what a coincidence. I sort of feel like Ethan right now and could go for a nice long nap :)

I'm actually headed out to take some photos of my nephew. Wish me luck!

jaime pott photography said...

Good Luck Andrea. I bet you are tired...I also took a 2 hour nap when we got home...so tired.

Drea said...

Hi Jaime,
awe.. I love these pics!! Looks like such a great day..
We hope to go to a fall place like this soon. we meant to go this weekend but it didnt work out. Oh and the round edges.. FUN!! let me guess.... an action? hehehe

Rosjuane said...

Wow mamma!! What a post!! Great pictures, great time, and a recipe. LOVE IT!!

Sarah said...

Just looking at these pics makes me smile--I know I've never told you, but I am just so happy that you have and Josh have made the cutest family! Ethan is adorable. All those years growing up together, I knew you were going to be a mom, but you've really outdone yourself with Ethan! i look at him and see so much of you...

Cute pics!!!

jaime pott photography said...

Thanks everyone.
Sarah....awwww...that made me tear up. Thank you so much for the sweet comments.

Etsy Love!

Blog Archive

Label Cloud

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP